Have you or someone you know been involved in a motor vehicle collision? One of the most common injuries from a car accident is the damaging effect of whiplash. Whiplash occurs when a sudden, jarring movement of the head is sustained backward, forward or even side to side. Whiplash destabilizes the spine and causes severe pain as well as these other indicators:
- Blurred vision
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Reduced range of motion in the neck
- Arm pain
- Neck stiffness
- Low back pain
It is critical that treatment is sought immediately after an automobile accident injury since allowing the effects of whiplash to go untreated can induce long-term pain. The seriousness of the physical effects of an accident is not always known or felt immediately following. It can take days, weeks or even months for major symptoms to show up, which is why chiropractic care is essential to maintaining the health of a spine that has been through a trauma.
Any body part that is jarred or thrown forward unexpectedly and beyond normal limits can sustain stretched ligaments and even tears. Those supporting the head and neck are especially vulnerable to this kind of tearing during a collision. Since chiropractors specialize in the care of bones, muscles, nerves and connective tissue, they are crucial to visit after an accident. All those major parts of the body are important to keep in optimal health and correct alignment so they can function properly and all body systems can operate seamlessly.
Early care and treatment means full healing and recovery is quickly realized. Even a car crash that is seemingly minor with limited damage to the car itself can cause serious injury to the driver and passengers. Chiropractic treatments are the right step toward restoring the body. Beyond treatment, advice for optimal nutrition, as well as exercises to continue healing on your own after appointments, are just a few examples of the way Dr. Noorani, DC cares for the whole individual after an accident.
Chiropractic spinal adjustments are considered by many experts to be one of the more effective therapies for whiplash due to an auto accident and injury. When combined with other treatments, such as physical therapy, spinal decompression, cold laser, Interferential therapy and ultrasound, whiplash injuries can be corrected. People who suffer a whiplash injury are dealing with damage to the tissues in the neck. Fort Worth Chiropractor, Dr. Noorani has vast experience and training to help whiplash sufferers return to complete functionality and movement so that the neck will work properly with full range of motion.
Chiropractic treatment of whiplash is a combination of both passive and active therapy. Initially treatment will be passive to help you relax as your neck and body heal. Using passive treatment means you don't actually have to physically participate. More than likely your whiplash has created pain that initially limits aggressive treatment so until your body starts the healing process passive therapy is best. Ultimately our goal in treating whiplash is to progress to active treatments as soon as possible, strengthening the body so that the spine and vertebra have better support.
- Chiropractic Adjustment: is the art of using a specific force in a precise direction, applied to a joint that is subluxated, "locked up," or not moving properly. The purpose of this safe and natural procedure is to eliminate interference to the nervous system, improving spinal function and overall health
- Cold Laser Therapy: Is a painless, non-invasive, treatment used for whiplash to accelerate healing from injuries. Cold lasers supply energy to the body in the form of non-thermal photons of light. When low level laser light waves penetrate deeply into the skin, they optimize the immune responses of your blood. This creates both anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects. It is a fact that light transmitted to the blood in this way has positive effective through-out the whole body, supplying vital oxygen, reenergizing damaged cells in the tissues.
- Manual Therapy and Mobilization: This type of hands-on therapy focuses on relieving muscle tension and soft tissue inflammation which develops as a result of whiplash. The chiropractor uses controlled process of articular and soft tissue stretching to improve bio-mechanical elasticity to reduce soft tissue inflammation, induce relaxation, improve contractile and non-contractile tissue repair, facilitated movement and improve function.
- Hot and Cold Therapies: The therapist uses heat as a treatment to increase blood flow to the affected area which increases more oxygen and nutrients to the damaged area. Cold applications slows circulation, reducing inflammation, muscle spasms, and pain. Alternating between hot and cold therapy is effective in the overall healing process.
- Interferential Therapy: Interferential Current Therapy (IFC) is noninvasive therapy indicated for the symptomatic relief from, and management of, chronic intractable pain and post-surgical and post-trauma acute pain. It provides a safe and effective alternative to pharmacological approaches to pain control. IFC has minimal side effects and is non-addictive. Interferential current therapy has been used extensively to help manage pain, edema, and inflammation due to soft tissue irritation from trauma or degenerative changes, with less dependence on narcotics
- Ultrasound: Applying sound waves deep into your muscle tissues creates a gentle heat that enhances increases blood circulation and healing. It also helps in reducing cramping, swelling, and muscle spasms.
As soon as your practitioner has determined you can start with active treatment they will start teaching you various physical exercises to increase your range of motion while strengthening your neck muscles and joints. Every chiropractic program is individualized, based on each patient's health and history so that the exercise program that is employed will be tailored to your body.
Beach Pain Center focuses on the primary goal of ensuring that when therapy is complete, our whiplash patients will be free of muscle spasms, have improved blood circulation, healing of the neck and a full return to range of motion.
For additional questions and concerns on what to do after a car accident, who pays for the medical bills, do I need an attorney, what is PIP, etc. Please visit our AUTO ACCIDENT INJURY section.
Contact Us today 817-831-3388. Ask for the experienced Fort Worth chiropractors at Beach Pain Center today. If you've suffered a whiplash injury, ask for a complimentary appointment to see why our treatments programs are the best in Fort Worth TX.